BOOK REVIEW: SIX DEGREES – GAME OF BLOGS
6 Degrees – Game of Blogs is a unique book. The same people, the same location – just three entirely different stories!
Ask me why?
The Game Of Blogs activity got bloggers acquainted with some very different and intriguing characters and they had to weave stories around them, and add some of their own characters. This ‘method to madness’ is what gave rise to myriad stories, all revolving around Shekhar, Tara, Roohi, Cyrus and Jennifer and their intertwining lives. The bloggers were told to form team of around ten members each and spin a story around the same characters living in the same city – Mumbai.
Know the characters -
- Shekhar is a house husband who loves his wife and daughter, breaks the barriers of the general women-stays-at-home and man-earns-bread and is a writer
- Tara who is Shekhar’s wife ,a highly successful professional in a media house who is trying to maintain a balance
- Roohi- Shekhar and Tara’s 9 year old girl, bubbly, charming – everything a 9 year old should be
- Jennifer – a happy hippie with a camera in hand and lot of mysteries in her heart
- Cyrus – A bright eyed law student
- Aryan Ahuja - Shekhar and Tara’s neighbor
So what happened next -
After many rounds, three teams were selected as winners by renowned authors and 6 Degrees was published. The stories which made to the final entry into the book are:
- The Awakening – a science fiction
- Entangled Life – a murder mystery
- Missing – A Journey Within – a thriller
My review – 3.5 out of 5
This book is a mystery package. The same character but imaginations running wild. Right from aliens to murders, love to break up – you name it and you have it. I will not go into the details of the book, as that would not do justice to the hard work the bloggers have put in. But here’s is what you need to know – The book is an easy read, written to impress. The stories give beautiful descriptions and when you move from one story to another, you think how beautifully the authors have made the same person play three very different roles.
The Awakening is a science fiction revolving around aliens – good and bad, saving the world, ozone depletion. So if you are into that stuff, you’ll like reading it. It is a story you can also read out to kids.
Entangled life is the story I liked the best. Every character shouts out the loud, no matter how small or insignificant the role. Be it JAVA – the typical-police-man who is trying to solve the murder case or Aryan – the ever concerned neighbor, the story takes you through a whirlwind of emotions. Read the story to find out who is the killer! The poems penned down are good.
Missing – A journey within is a thriller. It has twists which I wouldn’t have otherwise imagined for the same set of characters. The story seems a bit far – stretched, but at the same time stands out for the message it gives on love.
Go ahead, grab the book. A huge round of applause for the authors!!