Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Blogathon 2018 - Day 3 - How the Pune riots are affecting lives and general updates

We had a normal day yesterday if we ignore the brief spell of rumors about the riots in Pune and Mumbai. It was in the news about a strike being called today. Some schools and offices were closed today. But here I am, sitting in office. It has been eventful - we have a lot of photos and videos distributed about the violence in a couple of areas. I cannot see anything on the news, but a lot has been said. There is a rally, which I heard is peaceful and has a lot of police protection. But the normal life has been disrupted. This is seriously very disturbing. There are parents sitting here worried for their kids at school. Many of them got calls about closed day-cares and schools and had to rush home. All this when we knew that their journey home could have been difficult in itself. I do not know how much of what we know and see is true. The photos and videos are very violent, pelting stones, burning buses - and I still do not find logic in the reason to do so. I have been asking people not to share such stuff on the social media. I really doubt if these things help. My sister has been advised not to go to the hospital - she is a doctor and had an OPD in the evening. If the doctors aren't safe and cannot reach the hospitals, will the patients be any safer? I am worried about all my loved ones and have been calling everybody to know about their safety all this time not being aware as to what we will face on our way home.

A lot of ranting has happened!! So, change of topic!! I got some really awesome smelling incense sticks from a handmade items stall put up at office. Every morning and evening at home now smells heavenly. I am happy I have reached day 3 of blogathon 2018 after completing the 31 days of happy I did in December. I shopped. Shopping makes me happy :) I love eating fruits and winters mean more of oranges and grapes. I am happily devouring them... I am reading "The Enchantress of Florence" by Salman Rushdie and "Black Suits You" by Novoneel Chakraborty.. and I am enjoying my reading time with my blankie and hot soup or coffee...
Cheers to good times!

#Blogathon2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moments to cherish!

 When Veer was really little and wanted to nap he would climb in my lap and hold onto my neck. In a sitting position and holding me tight, h...