Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Just books! Jaya: An Illustrated Retelling of the Mahabharata - My review

A good book of Mahabharata secrets.. some of them I knew some were knew and they continued to amaze me. Though at some part in the book, I had to go back and check whether this was what I had bought this book for - the part where parenting and reproducing is concerned, but I guess that's the background laid by the author to understand what happens next.. The short stories about events make me want to read more, it clears certain doubts , at the same time generating some more! 
Read if you want to know more, read if you want to know why the Kaurava's reached heaven while the Pandava's did not except Yudhisthira and much much more... The book beautifully enfolds the emotions of mothers and wives, the fear of having a child born out of wedding lock, the fear of losing, death, birth , curses and blessings!
What amazes me is that my viewpoint about the characters has changed.. I don't essentially feel that Duryodhana was entirely wrong.. or that Krishna and Arjuna are totally right.. each had their own pros and cons , just like any other mortal... and that's what makes some parts of the story relatable!!

Now waiting to read Ajaya.. another book on the same lines but by another view point..
Ajaya  Roll of the Dice (Epic of the Kaurava clan, #1) by Anand Neelakantan
The Mahabharata from the Kaurava's point of view.. just that this is the first part and the second part will be supposedly out by December, so waiting till the other book releases!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moments to cherish!

 When Veer was really little and wanted to nap he would climb in my lap and hold onto my neck. In a sitting position and holding me tight, h...