Friday, November 17, 2017

A Book Lover’s Tag

I found A Book Lover’s Tag on Shilpa's blog - A Rose is a rose is a rose. And I am happily taking it up to write about my books :) If you love it as much as I do, feel free to take it up too.. 

My book worm charm!!




















Say hello to my handmade bookworm and here we go -

1.Do you have a specific place for reading?
No... I can read almost everywhere. I read at the library, at my work desk, in bed, anywhere in the house, in the car while travelling, at the beach on a holiday.. 

Here I am reading in the train!!

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I loveeee bookmarks, so definitely bookmark!! I have a lot of them..
And I keep on losing them...

3. Do you eat or drink whilst reading? 
Noooo... I'd rather stay hungry, but I cannot, at all eat or drink while reading. Cannot spoil my books.

4. Music or TV whilst reading.
Wouldn't mind both, but don't prefer any!

5. One book at a time or several?
Depends on the book... If interested in the book or been on my to-read list for too long, then one book. If I find a book too heavy to digest, I pick up a lighter read along. Also depends on the size of the book, if too heavy for my handbag, I carry a lighter one along.

6. Do you prefer to read at home or elsewhere?
Prefer reading at home, but can read anywhere.

7. Read out loud or silently?
Am a silent reader... Sh..

8. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
Have skipped pages on only two books till now, the pages just wouldn't end and the story just wouldn't move ahead. Otherwise, no skipping at all!

9. Break the spine or keep it like new.
Keep it new, sparkling and happy :)
Book charms!! :)













10. Do you write in books?
No!!! I like them sparkling new. Though when I find difficult words, I prefer writing the word and meaning on tiny notes and keep them inside the book, between the last and second last pages.

11. What books are you reading now?
Just completed "The Ministry of Utmost Happiness" and "Small Great Things".
Books I am reading currently




















12. What is your childhood favorite book?
The problem with me and books is the one I read becomes my favorite unless it is really crappy. But to point my most favorite - it is the one and only, Harry Potter. I loved Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys too as a kid.

13. What is your all-time favorite book?
My all time favorite book, books include the Harry Potter series, Jodi Picoult books, The fault in our stars.... and a lot many more.. I have re-read them and loved it every time!!

That’s it for now! 
Please share your thoughts and take up this tag... 
Drop a link here for me to know...

2 comments:

  1. Aha! So good to know about your reading habits, Deepika and glad that you took up this tag! Loved that bookmark of yours. I dont have such creative type of bookmarks. Harry Potter is my favorite series and I will be reading it again, soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Shilpa... Glad that you stopped by my blog. Have been following your blog since a long time. Cheers to reading and re-reading Harry Potter again!!

      Delete

Moments to cherish!

 When Veer was really little and wanted to nap he would climb in my lap and hold onto my neck. In a sitting position and holding me tight, h...