Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Blogathon 2018 - Day 10 - Book Review - All the Bright Places

All the Bright PlacesAll the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This is a beautifully written book which keeps you hooked on right till the last page. I crave for happy endings, but then again not every story can have one. Apart from this one personal choice of mine, I read and digested the book. It made me cry, made my dream, made me smell the flowers. It was as if I was right there with Theo and Violet through their journey. Death - accidental, suicidal, natural is always sad. Time doesn't heal these wounds but it just makes you forget and you learn to live without that person. Such situations call for help.
The book highlights what it is to lose a sibling, the cyclone that shakes the very essence of life and then how normalcy returns. The college life is sweetly portrayed, so is love. I also loved the ideas of post-it notes, leaving memoirs at places you visit, finding beauty in every place. Read the book to know more.
What the book also points out to is mental illness and suicide and how family and friends play an important part. Someone with suicidal tendencies might just seem normal, but we just wouldn't know what they are going through. Depression is bad - all this is highlighted in the book.
Must read.. and keep a tissue ready if you are the emotional kinds.



View all my reviews


#Blogathon2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moments to cherish!

 When Veer was really little and wanted to nap he would climb in my lap and hold onto my neck. In a sitting position and holding me tight, h...