Thursday, January 29, 2015

Blogathon 2015 #Day26 - Happy Republic Day!

We celebrated the 66th Republic day on the 26th of January 2015.. Happy Republic Day folks!
When the Indian Tricolor unfurls, my heart fills with a feeling beyond explanation.. I feel owed by my country... my hand raises in a salute with respect.. the words and tune of Jana-Gana-Mana cleanses the soul :)
While in school, I'd rush early morning in my white uniform and freshly polished white canvas shoes. I was always on stage, anchoring the program or being a part of the prayers.This day gave me the opportunity to be really close to the flag and my heart would fill with pride. Come home and we'd watch the parade! Oh what a life!
This time, I saw the parade on the T.V. and it bought back memories... felt good!
Happy Republic Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moments to cherish!

 When Veer was really little and wanted to nap he would climb in my lap and hold onto my neck. In a sitting position and holding me tight, h...