Friday, May 18, 2012

My green apple soda


What tires me on post office evenings is not only the work but also the monotony. The same “get up early” mornings, get ready, to-office, same cube, same work.. Yuck (feels like gulping bitter gourd juice) *sigh* Monotony can kill!
Then comes to my rescue – Green apple soda @ CCD. A drink, I can drink any time of the day. It refreshes my senses – not only my taste buds but also my eyes. It is such a pleasure (and one of my favorite past times) to watch the green syrup mix quietly and silently with the water. Each time I stir the straw, the green syrup forms a ring in the water. Stir fast and looks like a whirlpool in the green soda glass. As the syrup mixes with the water and converts into a light green shade with that rich apple taste, I think of life and problems. Just like the syrup, we dissolve in our everyday lives leaving our mark. If we don’t leave a mark, then we defy the purpose of our very being
 As I sip my drink and slowly watch the ice cubes melt, it gives me immense happiness and refreshes me. All calm and in perfect harmony with myself, I look forward to the approaching dusk...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moments to cherish!

 When Veer was really little and wanted to nap he would climb in my lap and hold onto my neck. In a sitting position and holding me tight, h...